Hurrah. We met the consultant at the Portland this morning, who informed us that multiple pregnancy, gestational diabetes and a history of prolonged labour all combine to be more than enough criteria for defining a C-section as medically necessary as far as Bupa is concerned. So the fact that baby A is no longer in the breach position is not a concern.
We’re due to go back for a follow-up consultation next Thursday, and if all is well we will be booked in for the following week. So whichever way you look at it, the twins will be here in no more than two weeks. Bloody hell.
Of course there is still the possibility that the little blighters will take matters into their own hands and decide to make their presence felt sooner than that, but we’re going to do everything possible to make sure that doesn’t happen, as the whole thing will be so much more civilised and less panic-stricken if we can just go into the hospital and have them delivered at an assigned date and time. So Ursula is now husband-imposed bed rest. There is no medical necessity for this – I’ve just taken matters into my own hands to try and ensure they stay firmly lodged inside for another couple of weeks. She’s not very good this bed rest malarkey, mind you. She keeps wanting to do stuff like shopping, going out for coffee, etc. I feel I may have to get quite strict.